Please find below few of my self-tested DIY Hair Masks that I have been using over the years.All these masks are chemical free and include everyday ingredients that one can find in every kitchen.
1. Coconut Oil+Castor Oil(Excellent for hair growth):- Basics are always the best and we all know the goodness of coconut oil and castor oil.
Mix coconut oil with 3-4 drops of castor oil(because of it’s thick consistency),warm it up a little and apply on scalp using a cotton ball. Massage for 5-7 minutes for the oil to get absorbed.Leave it for minimum 45 min and maximum overnight. Wash it off and make sure to use conditioner and serum afterwards.
Tip:-Incase you are suffering from dandruff, you can mix fenugreek(methi)seeds in the oil and leave them overnight before applying on scalp.
2. Amla Powder, Honey And Lemon Mask(for dandruff and oily hair):-Mix 1/2 tsp of amla powder in 2 tbs of honey.Add 3-4 drops of lime juice.Apply it using cotton ball and leave it for 45 min before washing it off with shampoo and conditioner.
3. Egg White And Honey Mask(For repair, shine and dead hair):-Mix 1part of egg white with 1 tbs of honey. Apply and leave it on for 45min- 4hours.Wash it off well using lukewarm water to get rid of egg smell .
4. Aloe Vera,Honey and Yogurt Mask(For dry hair and split ends):-Mix 1tbs of aloe vera with 1tbs of yogurt and 1tsp of honey.Apply evenly on scalp and leave it on for 45min-2hrs.Wash it off using shampoo and conditioner.
5. Aloe Vera, Honey and cinnamon(For dandruff, hair growth and blood circulation):-Mix 1tbs of honey with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 1tsp of aloe vera, leave it on for 45min-2hrs.Wash it off using shampoo and conditioner.
6. Neem,Tulsi and Amla Mask:-Mix equal and required quantity of neem paste, tulsi paste and amla powder (you can also use yogurt).Apply evenly on scalp and leave it on for 45min-2hrs. Wash it off using shampoo and conditioner.
Note:–Above mentioned are the masks that I have been using over the years to maintain good hair growth and deal with situations like dandruff, split ends and hair fall. As each scalp is different please check for allergy before using above mentioned ingredients.